Data Analysis Specialist
AB Electrolux - Stockholm - Publicerad: 2021-05-04 14:52:35
Data can be a powerful tool in setting communication strategy. The gathering and analysis of data can drive the business intelligence by helping the organization confidently target audiences and craft impactful messages, thereby creating business value. Data can also make communication more memorable through charts, graphs and infographics.
Electrolux Group Communications is looking for a data specialist who uses tools such as Power BI to create dashboards of relevant measurements to drive strategy and decision-making. Proven data analysis skills are required. This position will also work with visual storytelling. Experience in visual storytelling is desired but can be learned in the position.
This job is for you if you are excited about the idea of sitting down to a spreadsheet full of data, and even more excited when the numbers turn into dashboards and stories in your head. You enjoy seamlessly mixing engagement data from multiple sources, including intranets, events, emails, 0365 platforms, and social media platforms.
You know your work is best when you collaborate with others. Their strengths may be the written word, video or pictures, while your strength is the analysis of engagement data. Together with other highly skilled communicators, you will become part of a team that grows and evolves. Together, this team creates engaging messaging for almost 50,000 employees. It also supports communication for our top leaders around the world.
At Electrolux, our purpose is clear – to shape living for the better by reinventing consumer experiences in taste, care and wellbeing. For employees, we focus on promoting respect for people, for the environment, and ethics behavior in all our actions. We encourage employees to take ownership of their wellbeing and learning journeys. We are passionate about sustainability, innovation and great consumer experiences. The Group Communications team finds new and innovative ways to strengthen this important narrative.
At our Global HQ we indeed work in a global and diverse environment. We currently have 76 nationalities who shape living for the better under the same roof which makes this company an amazing place to be. Come and join us!
• Manage information gathered about communications on multiple channels, internal and external. Prepare analysis of the data for creation of KPIs and tracking performance.
• Create dashboards for multiple stakeholders.
• Lead planning for new collection of data as well as improving existing collection.
• Be the liaison between our storytelling tools – websites, intranets, etc. – and communications across the company regarding data collection and data use.
• Be a key part of weekly planning sessions and longer-term strategy-setting for corporate storytelling.
• Collaborate with data specialists in other divisions on data, big data, AI, etc., and how to make best use of them.
• Contribute to the creation of surveys, newsletters and other data-gathering events so that the measurements are accurate and useful.
• Create a new dashboard exclusively for top leaders to help gain insight and target their communications.
• Develop clear and compelling ways to support communication with data-driven visualizations.
• Create data visualizations that can be used in ongoing communications, from simple articles to video to leadership presentations.
Curious. Your curiosity drives your discovery of data and need to explain it in storytelling.
Analytical. You understand that data can reveal truths – as well as hide them. You understand that what can't be or wasn't measured must also be acknowledged for a valid analysis. To this end, you constantly question data as you seek and find new ways to measure categories.
Creative communicator. We are looking for a creative, results-driven collector, analyst and communicator with experience in using data to set strategy and craft messages.
Skeptical. Your skepticism will keep your data honest and your conclusions valuable and credible.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• Relevant University education.
• Preferably around 3+ years of experience working on communication projects and using data to develop strategy.
• Experience with multiple data analysis tools. These may include PowerBI, Qlik or Tableau. You are also quick to learn new tools. You can visualize within the Microsoft suite of tools, pulling in extra tools as needed.
• Excellent excel and data entry tools.
• Experience with simpler tools, such as Canva or Google Charts.
• Strong written and spoken English.
• Experience in an organization where data was gathered and used across borders would be highly appreciated.